|Subject:||Request for documents|
|Date:||Fri, Dec 18, 2015 5:01 pm|
-Why has there been no investigation of this fraudulent memo?
-Why did they not call for an investigation?
- Why did DOI Assistant Commissioner John Kantor refer the case to the NYPD/SQUAD which had no jurisdiction and actively suppress it from the OIG which did have jurisdiction?
- OIG Investigator Sanchez stated on the record: "I interviewed the Medical Examiner twice… I spoke to the [M.E.] and he said 'we determined that there were lots of injuries, not just to the head".
- How can the OIG claim that there were no findings, when Sanchez' interview with the M.E. is certainly a "substantiated finding"?
- What other findings are the DOI suppressing?
-If the OIG did not make any substantiated findings, then the FOIL reply of OIG FOIL officer Asim Rehman was entirely fraudulent, as by FOIL law, the FOIL officer must examine in full every document requested.
If the OIG never obtained the findings, then Rehman never examined them.
- WHY DID THE DOI/NYPD SQUAD AND THE THE OIG TELL THE BLACKSTAR NEWS IN DOZENS OF EMAILS AND PHONE CONVERSATIONS THAT THEY WERE INVESTIGATING WHEN THER WERE NOT?
Note that the BSN FOIL Requests demands "any report or statement of findings by the DOI regarding any and all complaints from the Blackstar News or William Galison, including the letter to Philip Eure dated July 19, 2014 and the letter to Thomas Mahoney dated January 15th, 2015, and the letter to Contes dated May 12, 2014,"...
But the OIG response states: "We have completed our preliminary investigation of your complaint ... with respect to your specific concerns regarding the death of Mr. Sunny Sheu".
In all of its complaints and correspondence with the OIG and DOI, the BSN has never accused the NYPD of killing Mr. Sheu, but rather of covering up the circumstances of his death, and of illegally detaining him and threatening him with death before he was killed.
The OIG and DOI have ignored all of the specific allegations regarding the cover up and detention of Sheu and instead pretend that our complaint are merely about a homicide.